Thursday 9 May 2013

Ryutaro Fukami

Okay, so todays review is of: Ryutaro Fukami
For minor characters, like in this case, I wont put up seasonal reviews, for the issue that the minor characters were really only important in one season, so, for minor characters, I'll just give one whole review, without any sub headings or anything in particular, I'll just mention everyone in one big review, and because of this, it'll probably be shorter aswell, so we'll see how this goes.


Ryutaro is a fairly important character in season 1, with the later seasons really just being cameos, with a few exceptions.

He enters around midway through the first season, and we see, from the start, that he is a very unique character, his character traits are very different than what you usually see, so having some unique traits in a character, was something that made him likeable.
He does have some regular traits along with that, mostly overconfidence, and his belief in fate and destiny.

The overconfidence doesn't really make him less likeable, in the same way it does others, it fits well to his character, so I don't think this trait really flaws him in too many ways.
I like the fate and destiny addition too, along with being a fortune teller, Ryutaro believes everything happens for a reason, so he'll go with the flow and try to follow whatever destiny tells him to do, I like this because it feels more creative than having a character becoming good/evil for other reasons, since he does what he feels would be natural to the world, it feels different, and I like characters to be unique and not as easily compared to other characters.

He is, at times, shown to have little hope outside of the things he has already predicted, which can lead to a lack of independence for his character, but it manages to lead to him getting more character developement later on.

After season 1, Ryutaro rarely shows up, which I think is a shame, but he does gat the occasional cameo, and he plays a larger role in the movie, in the movie he also shows a new side: one of someone no matter how calm and collected, can also get impatient at times, it gave him a bit more humour to his character, and while I do have to question if giving me a new personality in the movie, rather than the series was a good idea, he was very enjoyable to watch in the movie, and his scenes along with his travel group were my actual favourite moments from the movie.

In terms of design, Ryutaro is very interesting, his design is very different compared to a lot of characters I've seen before, in particular, I really like his fan, mainly for all the detail it has, and in the way that it relates to him, I think it's a good little addition, especially since it wasn't particularly needed, it just shows more effort, and I'm a big fan of that.

His design, in all, is just very interesting to me, it's just very different, I wouldn't say I love his design, and I wouldn't say that I hate his design, I just find it very different and unique.



Overall: I find Ryutaro to be a very different character, someone who is very unique and interesting.
His role in the story, while little, wass enjoyable to watch, mainly due to his attitude towards life, in general, and I am disappointed he didn't get anything better than cameos after season 1, with the movie being the exception, I did enjoy his character quite a bit though, he was very unique.
Score: 7/10

That wraps up Ryutato, I apologise for the length being short, but for minor character, in situations where I have less to say, this is how it'll probably have to be done, so, until next time.

- Surii

No comments:

Post a Comment